Boundaries and Dual Relationships
Chapter 9 of your Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling text describes dual relationships as happening along a continuum from very harmful to beneficial to the client.
Provide a brief case vignette from your area of specialization that describes a dual relationship. The relationship could be either harmful or beneficial. Include the age of the student or client and the setting in which you are working. Describe the steps you will take to ensure that the relationships you develop with your students or clients and the decisions you make about boundaries in these relationships will be ethical, legal, and beneficial.
Support your ideas with reference to the professional literature and the 2014 ACA Code of Ethics or the 2016 ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines in your post.
Respond to the initial discussion posts of two other learners. What reactions do you have to the ideas the learner has presented? Include examples from your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
· Read how a counselor’s personal values impact ethical decision making.
· Make connections between counseling scenarios and potential legal and ethical issues.
· Identify the steps used to apply an ethical decision-making model in a counseling scenario.
· Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements.
· Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
· ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors [PDF].
· 2014 ACA Code of Ethics.
· APA Style and Format.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.