Option #1: Internal Controls over Cash
The following are deficiencies in internal controls over cash.
- When the cashier isn’t available, Sally prepares both the deposit and opens the mail.
- The mail clerk may not prepare a remittance advice for the A/R department if a customer does not submit a one with a payment.
- Sometimes, the treasurer’s department does not stop the supporting documents for cash disbursements.
- Ben handles both the customer correspondence concerning monthly statements and making the bank deposits.
- Sam handles incoming mail and also prepares bank reconciliations; however, the bank reconciliations are not done in a timely manner.
For each deficiency:
- Determine what applicable audit procedure(s) should be conducted to identify whether any material misstatements exist
- Explain why you think this procedure is best for this situation.
Consider each deficiency independently of the others. While each deficiency presents potential issues, identify two that stand out as the worse with your professional knowledge. Explain your rationale. Also, how would you implement a change to improve those deficiencies?
Your written response paper should be 3-4 pages in length. Please type your response in a Word document and follow APA format, according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). Include a title page and reference page. Use two (2) outside academic sources other than the textbook, course materials, or other information provided as part of the course materials.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post ACT450 Colorado State University Internal Controls Over Cash Discussion appeared first on Top Premier Essays.