All essays should be 2-3 typed, double-spaced pages in a standard font (I prefer Times New Roman) in 12-point type with 1-inch margins. Please be sure to include your name. ALL PAPERS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY through Blackboard in PDF format by Tuesday October, 22nd @ 11:59pm! Late papers will receive a full letter-grade deduction for each day they are late!
***Please remember to cite all sources. In Chicago 16th Style (either N, NB, or AD)***
Chicago — http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html
Failure to do so would be a violation of academic integrity and result in a failing grade on the paper and possible further disciplinary action by the college and/or university (see syllabus for more information on academic honesty).
It is not necessary to do any outside research in order to complete this assignment. However, it is not acceptable to simply record your own thoughts on the matter. Use the selections we have read to argue your points and guide the discussion.
Choose and write about ONE of the following topics (if you want to write about something different, please email or talk to me immediately to make sure the topic is appropriate):
1. Socrates gives an unusual definition of â€œwisdomâ€ in â€œThe Apology.â€ What is this definition and to what degree does it capture or contradict the common sense, or folk, use of the term? How does Socrates argue for this view of wisdom, do you agree or disagree with his views and why?
2. Describe and explain the paradox of knowledge that Meno presents to Socrates in â€œMeno.â€ Does this paradox make learning impossible? How does Socrates answer the paradox? Do you find this answer acceptable or objectionable? Why?
3. In order to find something certain Descartes employs something called the â€œMethod of Doubt.â€ What is this method? What is its guiding principle(s)? Do you think it an appropriate or inappropriate method for his purposes? Why?
4. Locke offers a picture of the world that is both similar and striking different than Descartes. What are primary and secondary qualities? How does Lockeâ€s discussion of primary and secondary qualities relate to Descarteâ€s discussion of the piece of waxâ€”i.e., what is the same, and what is different? Who do you think gives the better account?
5. Hume offers an argument that is humble in that it produces no positive account. What is the relation between the inference from the way things have been in the past to the conclusion that they will be a certain way in the future? Why does Hume find this inference suspect? What are the two types of reasoning, according to Hume? Why canâ€t either serve as the basis for an argument about the validity of the inference? Do you agree? Why?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post All essays should be 2-3 typed, double-spaced pages in a standard font (I prefer Times New Roman) in 12-point type… appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.