This exercise provides excellent practice over the application of culturally relevant principles in the design of effective instructional solutions. You will need to design such instructional solutions within the Final Project, so it is very important to practice such skills here. Specifically, for this assignment, you will view a brief video taken with a cell phone by a student in a high school social studies class. Student â€œJeff Blissâ€ Mad at Teacher at Duncanville High (Links to an external site.) (Bliss, 2013) documents a meltdown Bliss experienced during his World History course at Duncanville High School in Duncanville, Texas.
Review the Instructor Guidance before this task. In your paper, include the following:
- Address the items below based on your inferences and ideas after viewing the events captured in the cellphone video. (2 points)
- Describe the problem from Jeff Blissâ€s perspective as well as from Ms. Phungâ€s perspective.
- Explain what probably caused it.
- Identify who benefits and who loses.
- Indicate your position on this issue.
- Discuss how a more equitable, culturally relevant approach to the class could improve the situation.
- Express how Ms. Phung might respond differently to Jeffâ€s concerns.
- Describe any equity strategies you noticed or inferred being implemented in the video. (2.5 points)
- Suggest at least one strategy for each of the following four categories that the teacher could have utilized to help meet student needs in a more equitable fashion:
- Classroom Environment
- Student Grouping
- Student Recognition/leadership
- Describe evidence of any culturally relevant pedagogy in action in the cellphone video. (2.5. points)
- List at least three strategies that could be used to create a more culturally relevant classroom. Such strategies might be drawn from the following areas:
- Maximizing academic success through relevant instructional experiences
- Addressing cultural competence through reinforcing studentsâ€ cultural integrity
- Involving students in the construction of knowledge
- Building on studentsâ€ interests and linguistic resources
- Tapping home and community resources
- Understanding studentsâ€ cultural knowledge
- Using interactive and constructivist teaching strategies
- Examining the curriculum from multiple perspectives
- Promoting critical consciousness through opportunities to challenge predominant elements of the studentsâ€ social norms
Analyzing Cultural Relevance in Instruction
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, credible sources in addition to the course text.
- table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post analyzing cultural relevance in instruction appeared first on The Nursing Hub.