Assignment 2: Myopia and Hypermetropia
A local middle school has a science club that meets once a week to discuss various scientific topics. Lately, the club has expressed interest in the visual system; particularly, why some people need glasses, why others do not, and why all glasses are not the same (some glasses actually make vision worse rather than better). The faculty sponsor of the club has asked you to give a talk about myopia and hypermetropia (also known as hyperopia).
Develop a presentation for the talk geared towards middle school-aged children (eleven- to fourteen-year-olds). Cover the following points in your presentation:
- Explain the anatomy of the eye. You can include visual aids such as diagrams where needed.
- Explain how the cornea focuses images on the retina in normal, myopic, and hypermetropic eyes.
- Describe how glasses, contact lenses, and laser surgery can be used to fix the focusing problems of myopia and hypermetropia.
- Describe eyestrain and its causes. Explain how having the correct glasses can alleviate eyestrain.
- Explain why wearing someone else’s glasses can make your vision worse.
Be sure to include the following in your presentation:
- A title slide
- A slide with references
- Speaker notes that further discuss the points on each slide
Develop an 8–10-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
|Explained the anatomy of the eye.|
|Explained how the cornea focuses on the retina in normal, myopic, and hypermetropic eyes.|
|Described how glasses, contact lenses, and laser surgery can be used to fix the focusing problems of myopia and hypermetropia.|
|Described eyestrain, its causes, and ways to alleviate it using correct glasses.|
|Explained why wearing someone else’s glasses can make your vision worse.|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.|
The post Assignment 2: Myopia and Hypermetropia appeared first on Quality Nursing Writers.