Think about the last time you had to turn in an academic paper. How long ago was it? For some, it may have been recent, but for many, it has been some time since they took a college course. You might write regularly but academic writing has a different look and tone than informal or business writing. Therefore, it is important for you to understand Instructor expectations as you embark on your degree program journey. Whether you recently completed a degree program or have not taken a college course in 20 years, planning for success is key.
Visit each tab on the “Scholarly Writing: Overview” page on the Walden Writing Center website, located in the Learning Resources section for this week. Review some of the additional resources, such as the recorded webinars. Then, reflect and provide a self-assessment in your journal this week on:
· How would you describe academic writing, and how does it differ from informal writing?
· What is your experience with academic writing?
· What strengths do you bring as a writer that will help you be successful in your academic program?
· What areas do you think you might struggle with as a writer, and how might you overcome these areas of concern?
· Your journal entry should be approximately 400–800 words. Reference at least two Walden resources from the Learning Resources this week (that you used in your self-assessment).
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Assignment: Journal: Academic Writing appeared first on Psychology Homework.