Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the following required sources and begin searching for scholarly articles to read to be applied to your literature review:
- Writing a Literature Review
- The Traits of Reciprocal Determinism in Helen Macdonald’s H Is for Hawk
- The Cognitive Revolution: A Historical Perspective
Please remember to keep a copy of these instructions open while you write the paper. This will help you include all required sections.
Learning and cognition is a broad discipline. For this Discipline-Based Literature Review, you will research at least four peer-reviewed articles published within the last ten years to support your analysis of just one of the following topics. You may choose the area that is of most interest to you:
- Operant and classical conditioning
- Reciprocal determinism
- The effects of modeling on learning
- The cognitive revolution
- The effects of self-efficacy on learning
In your analysis of your chosen topic, explain the theoretical perspectives and empirical research that are pertinent to the field of learning and cognition. This analysis should be developed robustly to support your success in completing the final project for this course.
Important: As you are writing this paper it is please note, that as a graduate student, your writing should be more developed than it was as an undergraduate. Be sure to overtly cite all information that would not be known as common knowledge in the world. Be sure to paraphrase (and cite) much more frequently than using quotation. Avoid using a large number of quotes and avoid any quotation over 40 words in length. Be sure to be clear and concise in your reporting of the research. When you are not sure about how to cite something, visit the Writing Center: https://writingcenter.uagc.edu/
Review the following sources prior to writing your paper:
After completing your writing, consider a paper review and double checking that all components are complete with an Academic Paper Checklist. It is also recommended that your paper be checked in Grammarly and through Turnitin prior to submission.
The Discipline-Based Literature Review
- Must be 1500 to 2000 words and double-spaced pages in length, not including the title or references pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph which identifies the topic, its value to readers, and includes a thesis sentence explaining what you will argue or what topics will be covered. See https://writingcenter.uagc.edu/writing-a-thesis
- Must address the topic of the paper, including each construct, with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the required resources.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
The post Based Literature Review, you will research at least four peer-reviewed articles published within the last ten years to support your analysis of just one of the following topics. appeared first on nursing writers.