Chapter 11: Cash Flows and Capital Budgeting FCF and NPV for a project: Archer Daniels Midland Company is considering buying a new farm that it plans…

Chapter 11: Cash Flows and Capital Budgeting
FCF and NPV for a project: Archer Daniels Midland Company is considering buying a new farm that it plans to operate for 10 years. The farm will require an initial investment of $12 million. This investment will consist of $2 million for land and $10 million for trucks and other equipment. The land, all trucks, and all other equipment are expected to be sold at the end of 10 years for a price of $5 million, which is $2 million above book value. The farm is expected to produce revenue of $2 million each year, and annual cash flow from operations equals $1.8 million. The marginal tax rate is 35 percent, and the appropriate discount rate is 10 percent. Calculate the NPV of this investment.
Question:
Expected cash flows: FireRock Wheel Corp is evaluating a project in which there is a 40 percent probability of revenues totaling $3 million and a 60 percent probability of revenues totaling $1 million per year. Its cash expenses will be $1.0 million while depreciation expense will be $200,000; then what is the expected free cash flow from taking the project if the marginal tax rate for the firm is 30 percent?

 

"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"