Subject : Cryptography
Discussion Question – Primary post due tuesday by 11:55 pm EST
Primary Task Response: Please provide a detailed response to the below to include specific details and examples.
- What is the Vigenère Cipher?
- How does it work?
- Although the Vigenère cipher was an improvement upon previous historical encryption techniques, it is still vulnerable. How would an attacker break a Vigenère-style cipher?
Try your hand!
1. Encrypt the below message using the Vigenère cipher.
- NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY.
2. Decrypt the below message using the Vigenère cipher. The passphrase is ‘crypto.’
- Vyc Kbugecgx Qkgftk kcj btosnfntw pa dyiasorrxvwce Zatwuv bt Owivltks ke rwx 16hj tccmitp
3. Create a Vigenère cipher of your own and see who can crack it! Toward the end of the week, provide the solution to your cipher.
Learning Materials and References (posted by prof)
Required Resources Textbook(s) Required:
- Oriyano, Sean-Philip. Cryptography Infosec Pro Guide. McGraw-Hill Education, 2013.
Please use the following author’s names, book/article titles, Web sites, and/or keywords to search for supplementary information to augment your learning in this subject.
- Harris, Shon. All in One CISSP Exam Guide, Sixth Edition. McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- Paar, Christof, Pelzl,Jan and Preneel, Bart. Understanding Cryptography: A Textbook for Students and Practitioners. Springer Publishing, 2010.
- Rhodes-Ousley, Mark. The Complete Reference to Information Security, Second Edition. McGraw-Hill, 2013.
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
Cryptography Discussion Question was first posted on August 29, 2019 at 6:01 am.
©2019 "Classroom Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Cryptography Discussion Question was first posted on August 29, 2019 at 6:03 am.
©2019 "nursing Writers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com