- What are the defense mechanisms identified by Freud?
- Give a brief description of each one.
- Analyze the following scenarios and identify the defense mechanism being used. Why did you choose that defense mechanism?
Read through the scenarios below and determine which of the defense mechanisms listed is being used in each.
- After a long and frustrating day at work, Bob finds himself driving above the speed limit on the way home. When he is pulled over by a highway patrol officer, Bob lashes out, accusing the officer of picking on him.
- Selena has been involved with many casual sexual partners over the past several years, but has recently decided to end her sexual relationships and put her energy towards writing a novel.
- After flunking his chemistry final, Arnold called his mom and pleaded with her to comfort him and send him a care package of cookies.
- Jan went to the mall yesterday and spent a substantial amount of money on a new suit. When her roommate asked her about her purchase, she explained that the suit was going to come in very handy because she planned to apply for a new job very soon.
- Although Kathy has not menstruated in several months, she is confident that this is because she has been working out regularly and has nothing to do with the unprotected sex she had months ago.
- Lately, Stan has been experiencing memories of events from when he served in the Army and saw combat. He does not recall everything that happened when he was a soldier, but sometimes an old memory flashes into his consciousness.
- Judy is now a grandmother, but she cannot seem to accept her age. She dyes her hair blond and wears her black leather pants almost every day.
- Tim feels that his youngest daughter, Christie, is not very bright. He accuses her siblings of picking on her.
- Bill is a “guy’s guy.” He watches sports every Sunday, and always meets his friends at a local bar for a beer after work. Deep down, Bill is very insecure about his masculinity.
400 words min. NO PLAGIARISM. References and citations required.
Textbook reference: Howard S. Friedman and Miriam W. Schustack . (2012). Personality: Classic Theories and Modern Research . 5th Edition. Pearson.
The post Defense Mechanisms, Psychology homework help first appeared on Submit Your Homework.
Defense Mechanisms, Psychology homework help was first posted on October 18, 2020 at 12:26 pm.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com