For this assignment, complete the following:
- Choose and view one of the case studies from the presentation Responding to Ethical and Legal Issues – Case Study in this unit’s study that is most relevant for the type of work you will be doing as a professional counselor.
- Compare and contrast two of the ethical decision-making model from your Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling text, one of the readings included in the course, or another current peer-reviewed article from a professional counseling journal. Analyze the effectiveness of these models and provide an example of how they might be used to resolve legal or ethical dilemmas when working with students or clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Choose one ethical decision-making model to apply to the case you reviewed. If you were the counselor working with this case, discuss how you would apply each step of the ethical decision-making model you have selected to respond effectively to these legal and ethical issues.
- Include specific examples to illustrate the actions you would take at each step.
- Include the specific ethical standards and state laws that you would consult when determining your response to the situation. How would these laws and standards influence the choices you might make in responding to the situation?
- Describe how you would demonstrate developmental and cultural sensitivity when addressing the legal and ethical issues presented. Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
- Explain how your personal values and beliefs impact your understanding of the situation and the choices you might make when deciding how to respond to the legal and ethical issues that may arise in working with this client or student.
- Include at least two examples of specific values and beliefs you hold that may influence your reactions to this case and the actions you may take.
- Present at least two specific strategies that you will develop to address the influence that your personal values and beliefs may have on ethical decision making with clients or students.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assignment and do not detract from the overall message. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
- References: Your reference list must include at least six sources. You must use APA sixth edition style to list your references. Refer to the iGuide page APA Style and Format for more information.
- Number of pages: The length of your paper should be 8–10 double-spaced pages. Note: Page count does not include cover page or references.
- Formatting: Use APA sixth edition formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets. Refer to the iGuide page APA Style and Format for more information.
The post Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assignment and do not detract from the overall message. appeared first on nursing writers.