Applied Research in Healthcare Administration
For this Assignment, you will utilize the knowledge you’ve gathered throughout this course and apply it to the utilization of secondary data as it would relate to your role if you were a hospital administrator.
- You will use the EXCELL SHEETS provided with Texas information. Review the data related to hospitalizations for Texas.
- Then, select a Principal Diagnosis Category that you would like to examine for this Assignment.. IS DIABETES MELLITUS WITH COMPLICATIONS
As a healthcare administrator, it is important to know what the top 10 principal diagnoses are within your healthcare facility, system, locale, and state.
Now that you have chosen DIABETES MELLITUS WITH COMPLICATIONS from the top 10 principal diagnoses that you are going to research. Review the data to determine a research question that you can answer based on the data you have gathered. HCUPnet – Hospital Inpatient State Statistics. Diagnoses–Clinical Classification Software (CCS), Principal Diagnosis: #50 Diabetes mellitus with complications
The Assignment (7–10 pages):
For this Assignment, you will submit a 7- to 10-page paper that addresses the following:
- The background of DIABETES MELLITUS WITH COMPLICATIONSbased on the literature that supports the research question that you have developed
- The research question you have developed based on the data you gathered from HCUP
- The data that answers the research question
- Additional literature that answers the research question
- Implications of the data and literature for you as a healthcare administrator: What additional information would you want to know? What other questions should you be asking that would assist you in your role as a healthcare administrator?
Creswell, J. (2009). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches (4th ed.).Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Kiecolt, K. J., & Nathan, L. E. (1985). Secondary analysis of survey data. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications.
Note: You will access this eBook from the Walden Library databases.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2016). National Center for Health Statistics. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ahcd/ahcd_questionnaires.htm
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post DIABETES MELLITUS WITH COMPLICATIONS. Applied Research in Healthcare Administration appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.