Week 10-HIS 105
Between 200 and2016, the US experienced remarkable changes internationally and domestically. By any measure, the terrorist attack of Sept. 11, 2001, was a game changer. With that a long, still-ongoing â€œwar on terrorâ€ began that meant military engagements overseas and increased domestic security measures. In 2008, remarkably, the US elected its first African American president, Barack Obama. He was elected to a second term in 2012.
Choose and discuss one of the following two topics related to American history under Presidents Bush and Obama:
- Discuss the Sept. 11 (2001) attack and its impact.
- Describe what stands out to you (perhaps from memory) from the events of Sept. 11, 2001
- Give two examples of events or changes since 9/11 that you attribute to that terrorist attack. In your view, what should we learn from this attack and our experiences trying to deal with it.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these free trade issues of that time.
- Discuss president Obamaâ€s election and presidency. (Considering our many explorations of race relations and Civil Rights in our history, there is much that can be said of President Obamaâ€s election and presidency, and it is still perhaps too early to evaluate fully.)
- Identify two specific examples that you think were the most important developments of Obama’s presidency.
- Explain why you chose those two examples.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these changes of the early 21st Century.
- This week we have no new reading or subjects. Over the 11-week course, we have covered many events and issues that arose in the United States between 1865 and today. From the era of Reconstruction, the Progressive era and Jim Crow, the roaring 20s and the Great Depression, the Cold War and Civil Rights struggles, on through the age of Information to now. We have seen many examples of people struggling for rights and freedoms and people having to adapt to significant changes in the economy, technology, laws, and society. We have seen military engagements impact lives and our country. Think about these various periods and challenges.Please do the following two things for your main post in our last discussionâ€”this reflection:
- Choose a specific historical event or example and reflect on the â€œlong rangeâ€ effect of it on your own life.
- Choose another historical event and reflect on the â€œlong rangeâ€ impact on the modern workplaceâ€”perhaps on the profession you have chosen.
- WEEK 10
- Go to BizFilingâ€s website and read the article titled â€œIdentifying and Addressing Employee Turnover Issues,â€ located at http://www.bizfilings.com/toolkit/sbg/office-hr/managing-the-workplace/employee-turnover-issues-tactics.aspx. Next, examine your current job position or a job position with which you are familiar. Then, choose three (3) significant factors that you believe have contributed to employees leaving the organization. Next, suggest three (3) methods organizations could utilize to retain their employees. Support your rationale with two (2) examples of such factors / methods.
- Based on the case study Retention: Deciding to Act (Pg. 735 â€“ Pg. 737), determine whether the major complaints presented in the case study are the true reason for Wallyâ€s Wonder Washâ€s high turnover rate. Then, suggest two (2) reasonable retention strategies that Wallyâ€s Wonder Wash could implement. Justify your rationale. Note: Remember, turnover is not always about salary. Therefore, please present strategies that would not involve pay increases
- Discuss the primary manner in which the concepts of this course can be applied to your current or future work position.
- Rate the three (3) most important concepts that you have learned in this course in order of importance (one  being the most important; three , the least). Provide a rationale for your rating scheme.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post discussions 236 appeared first on The Nursing Hub.