- Discuss how the primary structure of nucleic acids is the order of bases in the polynucleotide sequence, and the secondary structure is the three-dimensional conformation of the backbone.
- Discuss the monomers of nucleic acids are nucleotides.
- Discuss how the bases are bonded to the sugars, forming nucleosides.
- Summarize how nucleosides are linked by ester bonds to phosphoric acid to formthe phosphodiester backbone.
- Specific proteins called single-strand binding proteins bind to the single-strandedregions and protect them from nucleases.
- Spontaneous mutation of bases and insertion of the wrong nucleotide would normally lead to an error every 10^4 to 10^5.
- Step 1: Read the article found in section 9A: Biochemical Connections: Law in your digital book.
Using the Concordeâ€s Online Library, your digital material, and other scholarly websites, discuss the following:
- What are your feelings regarding the article?
- Describe, in detail, what the following statement means, â€œWhat can be patentedis purified DNA containing the sequence of the gene and techniques that allowthe study of the genes.â€
- How do you see the patenting of genes/DNA impacting science and medicine over the next 30 years?
- Do you believe this trend is ethical? Why/why not?
- Step 2: Compile your thoughts & research and write a 3-5 page paper addressing the topics and questions above.
- Step 3: Once complete, save your file and submit.
â€¢ You are required to have at least two outside resources, at the scholarly level. Wikipedia is not acceptable.
The use of outside resources is required and all papers must be cited and written in APA format.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post gene ownership paper appeared first on My Nursing Experts.
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post gene ownership paper first appeared on nursing writers.