In your written component of the Final Project, you will analyze an argument in relation to a specific issue. Then, you will respond to that argument by providing a counterargument. Please choose one reading or media artifact from the Final Project Argument Options. Be sure to choose an issue in which you are interested and for which you have enough factual evidence to create a strong argument.
Complete the steps below based on your chosen argument:
Step One: Evaluate the Argument
- Identify the issue that is addressed in the argument.
- Explain the argument and identify the premises and conclusions.
- Evaluate the argument.
- If the argument has a deductive component, is it valid and sound? Why?
- If the argument has an inductive component, is it strong or weak? Why?
- Remember that arguments often contain both inductive and deductive components. Do your best to identify all the arguments that are used to support the position presented in the piece.
Step Two: Create a Counterargument
- Create a counterargument to the original argument.
- Present premises that support your own position while also pointing out the weaknesses inherent in the original argument. Avoid the use of fallacious reasoning and anecdotal evidence.
- If you are using inductive arguments, make sure that they are strong. If you are using deductive arguments, make sure that they are valid and attempt to provide sound premises.
- Use factual evidence and/or logical support from at least three scholarly sources to support your argument.
- This might require you to play “devil’s advocate.” Remember that you do not need to agree with the position for which you argue. You may need to take on an opposing position to your own personal view and argue from that position. Critical thinkers are able to take on opposing perspectives and identify the strongest arguments from those perspectives.
Choose one of the options below to present your argument evaluation and counterargument.
- Written Assignment
- Must be 1100 to 1400 words in length, excluding the title page and reference page(s).
- Must include at least three scholarly sources to support the counterargument.
- Must be formatted according to APA 6th edition style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Must be 10 to 12 slides in length, excluding the title slide and reference slide(s). You must also include an audio voice-over transcript or slide notes totaling between 1100 and1400 words.
- The presentation, transcript, and/or slide notes must include APA-style references (in-text and on the reference slide) for at least three scholarly sources supporting the counter-argument.
- Must be formatted according to APA 6th edition style guidelines.
- Feel free to use images that enhance the presentation and contribute to it. However, remember that images are not a substitute for the content that must be presented in slide notes or audio voice-over.
Writing the Final Project
The Final Project:
- Must be 1100 to 1400 words in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page/slide with the following:
- Title of project
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introduction that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the project with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA 6th edition style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page/slide that is formatted according to APA style.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post philosophy writing assignment appeared first on Nursing Writers Hub.