In a 3-5 page paper
You are a correctional case manager working in a minimum security state facility for male offenders. You oversee a caseload of 100 offenders. This week, you have 8 annual assessments and 10 security assessments due. The institutional hearings officer needs you to serve as the witness in 3 institutional hearings by Wednesday and has asked you when you can fit them in. Transportation runs on Wednesday, and you are expecting 10 incoming offenders and 4 to transfer out. The warden has asked you to handle the intake for the incoming offenders, which should take about 2 hours, depending on when the transportation bus arrives. You also need to prepare the institutional records for the 4 outgoing offenders.
You need to find 2 new offenders that will qualify to work on road crew. This involves reviewing presentence investigations, security assessments, treatment assessments, and interviewing the potential workers. The road crew supervisor says he has some big projects coming up and needs the new workers immediately.
You also need to get rooms set up for the 12-step meetings for the alcoholics on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, which involves setting up chairs and getting the coffee ready for brewing. A local church group is visiting on Thursday at 2 pm and will need a staff escort while inside the facility. A local high school will be touring the facility on Friday morning. They will also need a staff escort while touring the facility. You also need to choose a few offenders that can speak to the students prior to their tour.
You have a treatment team meeting every Wednesday from 2â€“4 to discuss case management issues with other treatment and security staff. The dog team, which you lead, holds weekly meetings on Mondays, and the warden requires that you spend at least 1 hour on the dorm each day.
Develop your weekly action plan to address all of your tasks and meetings. Make sure to address the following in 3â€“5 pages:
- Keep in mind that urgent issues, whether important or not important, will occur throughout the day.
- Discuss how you would plan your week to ensure that you get all of your important tasks accomplished.
- Are there areas you could ask for assistance with? If so, who would you ask?
- Are there tasks or meetings that you could choose not to attend?
- Which tasks are the most important, and which may be able to wait until you have more time for them?
In 4-6 paragraphs
Evidence-based practices (EBP) are becoming increasingly popular in the field of corrections as a method to ensure that offenders are receiving the treatment they need to help reduce recidivism.
For your Discussion Board this week, research 1â€“2 community corrections agencies that have implemented EBP, and respond to the following:
- When did they first implement EBP?
- Have their recidivism rates changed since the implementation of EBP?
- How has EBP impacted case manager or probation officer caseloads?
- What impact do you think EBP has on case manager time management strategies and workload?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.