An elderly patient has been admitted to the medical/surgical unit from the local nursing care facility. The new lab results in her electronic health record (EHR) indicate that she has methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in her urine. She is placed on contact precautions per the hospital guidelines.
The health care provider arrives to examine her new patient and inquires about the need for contact precautions. The nurse explains the lab results reveal the patient has MRSA in her urine. The health care provider states that she reviewed the patient’s lab results in the emergency room and the urine results were normal. The unit coordinator reveals to the staff nurse and nurse manager that this is the third incident this month of lab results being uploaded to the wrong patient’s EHR when admitted from the emergency department.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper based on the case study in which you:
- Analyze the adverse trend, including how it affects patient care.
- Evaluate the data that needs to be collected, reviewed, and applied in the decision-making process to address the adverse trend.
- Evaluate the information system methods that will be used to collect the data needed in the decision-making process, including the source(s) of the data.
- Evaluate the information technology and tools needed in each step of the decision-making process.
- Evaluate any regulatory, legal, ethical, political, sociocultural, and financial issues related to the data and information technologies that will be used in the decision-making process.
- Analyze at least two strategies used to advocate and access social justice in health care design and delivery.
Include at least three peer-reviewed references (you may not use your course textbooks or the Electronic Reserve Reading article) to support your process improvement and change project.
Format your paper and reference page according to APA guidelines.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Signature Assignment: Adverse Trend and Data Management appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.