Social InstitutionsView Full Description
Please choose one of the following questions:
1. The reading this week refers to the family as the cornerstone of American society. What are the biggest changes in how we define “family” over the last 50 years? According to research, what are people’s general thoughts on family and nontraditional family structures in the United States today? What are the social factors that have influenced this perception of “family?” What can the government and citizens do to strengthen families and marriages in American society? Provide examples to support your answer. Now, critique your answer from the point of view of a functionalist or a conflict theorist.
2. What is credentialism? Is there too much of an emphasis on credentials in the United States? If so, how might this be harmful? To whom? Which theoretical perspective best describes your view of education? Explain why.
3. What is the role of religion in society? In your response, include a comparison of the theories on religion of Marx, Weber, and Durkheim. Has the role of religion in society changed over time? How does this relate to the concept of secularization and the current generational shift in religious affiliation in the U.S.?
The Week 6 Forum meets the following course objectives:
- Apply a sociological perspective to the social world
- Analyze contemporary social issues using the sociological imagination and use sociological theories and concepts to analyze everyday life.
- Describe the family, education, and religion from a sociological perspective.
Instructions for all Forums:
Each week, learners will post one initial post per week. This post must demonstrate comprehension of the course materials, the ability to apply that knowledge in the real world. Learners will engage with the instructor and peers throughout the learning week. To motivate engaged discussion, posts are expected to be on time with regular interaction throughout the week. All posts should demonstrate college level writing skills. To promote vibrant discussion as we would in a face to face classroom, formatted citations and references are not required. Quotes should not be used at all, or used sparingly. If you quote a source quotation marks should be used and an APA formatted citation and reference provided.
The post Social InstitutionsView Full DescriptionPlease choose one of the following questions: 1. The reading this week refers to the family as the cornerstone of American society. What are the biggest cha appeared first on Submit Your Homeworks.
Social InstitutionsView Full DescriptionPlease choose one of the following questions: 1. The reading this week refers to the family as the cornerstone of American society. What are the biggest cha was first posted on November 19, 2020 at 1:07 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at [email protected]