For the economist, healthcare often defies traditional rational economic models, theories, and rules. The buying and selling of goods and services, in general, defines economic transactions. These goods and services are traded or sold for a specific negotiated value. In many instances, price is the determining factor in the completion of a business transaction.
Healthcare is a derived demand, based on the perceived need to improve some condition or function. Healthcare demand differs from normal demand, because an individual does not control the onset of an illness nor its severity or duration. When this occurs, the demand for services increases regardless of the supply available or the cost associated with the care.
In healthcare, goods and services are not negotiable, may indeed be life threatening, and may force providers of goods and services to accept prices not even closely approaching the value they have assigned to them. To further this Discussion, consider the question: how is a value assigned to a good or service that may be the only step between life and death? Also consider the following economic question, especially as it pertains to healthcare: Who drives the healthcare market—the supplier or consumer?
By Day 7 of Week 6
This week, assigned Presenters should post a PowerPoint presentation with detailed notes section that contains the following:
- Incorporation and analysis of the Learning Resources from this 2-week unit, including identification of any apparent gaps in the literature
- An original research topic related to the week’s literature (the proposed research topic can be related to the general topic for the week or to gaps in the literature for the week, or it can be related to a specific reading for the week)
- Background information on the research topic, including identification of principal schools of thought, tendencies in the academic literature, or commonalities that define the academic scholarship regarding your topic
- Evaluation of the main concepts with a focus on their application to business/management practice and their impact on positive social change
- A minimum of 10 peer-reviewed, scholarly new references
Note: The presentation must be in APA format and must incorporate direct evidence of addressing the Learning Objectives from this 2-week unit.
Each of the content slides must include detailed notes/paragraphs with appropriate citation of peer-reviewed, scholarly references.
Refer to the Presentation Format document for more information about the expected contents of your Presentation. For suggestions on creating an effective PowerPoint presentation, see the Learning Resources for Weeks 2–3.
Refer to the Presentation Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.
In addition, all Participants should post an annotated bibliography of at least five additional resources related to the research topic by Day 7 of Week 6.
Please note that I need to receive two documents.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post Supply and Demand in Healthcare Viability or Liability appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.