Conflict occurs when two or more individuals perceive a situation differently and at least one person’s perception is that he or she has been negatively affected. In fact, conflict can occur at any time, in any situation, and often at the worst possible time. When a group or team is working toward a goal and conflict erupts the process can come to a halt until the conflict is resolved. For the following questions take into consideration a conflict that you have experienced in your workplace.
This DB has two parts:
- What role does differing behavioral styles play in a conflict?
- Discuss the five methods of conflict resolution discussed by DuBrin (2001). What are the pros and cons of each of the following?
- Confront the issue directly.
- Receive criticism objectively and dispassionately while seeking clarification.
- Recognize all parties’ points of view.
- Mentally convert negative aspects to positive ones.
- Negotiate and bargain.
DuBrin, A. J. (2001). Human relations: Interpersonal, job-oriented skills (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
What role does differing behavioral styles play in a conflict? was first posted on July 14, 2019 at 11:03 am.
©2019 "nursingassignmenttutor.com". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com